Professor Yao Wang is the Director General of the International Institute of Green Finance (IIGF).
- 2013/10: Finance Researcher, Central University of Finance and Economics (CUFE) Finance Research Institute, Beijing.
- 2011/09: Director of the Research Center for Climate and Energy Finance (RCCEF), Central University of Finance and Economics (CUFE), Beijing.
- 2010/08-2011/07: Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Economics, School of Liberal Arts and Economics, Harvard University, Kennedy Institute, Harvard Environmental Economics Project, Engineering and Applied Sciences, Harvard China Project, Visiting Scholar.
- 2008/09-2013/10 Associate Research Fellow, Institute of Finance and Economics, Central University of Finance and Economics (CUFE), Deputy Director of Financial Research Center.
- 2008/03-2010/01: Postdoctoral Fellow, Bank of Beijing
- 2006/07-2008/08, Assistant Research Fellow, Institute of Finance and Economics, Central University of Finance and Economics (CUFE).
- "Carbon Finance: Global Vision and Distribution in China" (China Economic Publishing House, 2010)
- "Climate Finance" (China Economic Publishing House, 2011)
- Director of the Policy-making Committee of the IIGF.
- Deputy Secretary General of the Green Finance Committee (GFC) of the China Society for Finance and Banking.
- Fellow at the University of Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership (CISL).
- Advisor for the Sustainable Finance Programme at the University of Oxford Smith School of Enterprise and Environment.
- Expert at the Asian Development Bank.
- Adjunct Professor at the University of Southern Queensland.
- Part-time professor at the University of Victoria.
- Visiting fellow at Harvard University from 2010 to 2011.